now browsing by month
iMoney Phils – Thu, 15 May 2014
Personal finance means the management of individual or family finances. This means that you are able to pay for day-to-day expenses as well as emergencies while ultimately saving some part of the money you earn for investment and retirement.
Personal finance, sadly, is not a subject that is taught in school that is why so many people are clueless as to how to manage their own money. Mismanagement of finances is very critical if you want to achieve financial freedom, this is not exclusive to the young because there are also adults who have endangered their retirement funds because of their lack of knowledge in money management. Here are some of the signs that will make you think twice.
1. You keep on waiting for Salary to come in
It is five days away from payday and you are surviving with a few pesos for food and transportation every day. Whereas when you received your salary, you spend it with getting expensive coffee and buying all the things that you don’t need. Heck you don’t even budget.
2. You Don’t Have a Savings Account
No! A payroll account does not count. It is essential for everyone to have a savings account for them to create their emergency fund. Experts claim an emergency fund should have at least 3-6 months’ worth of income to cope with emergencies or unexpected changes. The emergency fund is used when your car suddenly breaks down or you have to pay the hospital a visit due to an illness or worse because you quit or lost your job, or you have to pay your mortgage, you will need this money to take care of your expenses. People in financial mess do not have emergency funds so they borrow money for such cases, they take a loan or cash advance, therefore incurring more debt.
3. Unable to Pay Credit Card Bills
Worse is if you only pay the minimum on each of your credit card bill. You could be saddled with credit card debt for 5 years, or even 10 for that purchase you made recently. And if your answer to your financial woes is to apply for another credit card because what you have are maxed-out, or near their credit limit, then you undoubtedly are headed to a financial crisis!
4. You Rely on your Parents When It gets Rainy
The worst thing about not having money during emergencies is asking money to cover for those emergencies. And most of the time, we ask Mom and Dad if they can lend us money, nothing is wrong with that – all of us did that for at least 18 years but if you are working for more than a year now how can you ever pay them back for the money you owe them?
5. You are not even thinking about your retirement.
How about your retirement? You may be young but this is the perfect time to think of your retirement fund. When your retirement plans involve winning the lotto, then you’re in trouble. Some people spend money buying lotto tickets hoping that a windfall will come their way to cover their retirement.
If you somehow find yourself in any of the above situation, it’s not too late to learn the art of delaying gratification. Self-control is your best bet. If you can’t afford it, wait until you have enough cash to pay for it. If you are a young professional without any dependents, it wouldn’t be impossible to set aside even just P1,000 as your monthly savings.
How do you do that? Start keeping track of your expenses which should never exceed your income. List down where you spend your money on a given month and see which portions you can cut back. If only you would limit your booze or think twice before getting that new iPhone, you would have saved a lot already!
Learn how to budget and live within your means to avoid financial disasters!
Prenella | PNGSI Inc. – Sat, 10 May 2014
Sawang sawa kanaba sa init sa Pilipinas lalo na pag Summer Season? Isa ka ba sa masang Pilipino na nagtitiis gabi-gabi dahil sa init ng klima ay pahirapan makatulog? Isa ka ba sa paulit ulit na maligo sa gabi ay hirap parin makatulog dahil sa sobrang init ng klima? Isa ka ba sa masang Pilipino na halos di na magdamit at sa labas na ng bahay, bintana or bubong natutulog para lang mapreskuhan? Isa ka ba sa masang Pilipino na nangangarap na magkaron ng sariling aircon para makalanghap naman ng malamig na hangin sa pagtulog ngunit kapos sa pera ? If malaking ‘OO’ yung sagot mo ay para nga sayo itong blog page na to.
Ginawa ko tong webpage na to ay para makatulong sa masang Pilipino na makaexperience ng malamig na hangin sa pagtulog gamit ang isang ‘HOMEMADE AIRCON’ at maishare narin sa lahat if papano ito magagawa.
Papano nga ba to gawin?
Simpleng simple lang to gawin at kayang kaya mapa babae man o lalaki.
Sundin lamang step by step yung mga dapat gawin:
- Ihanda muna yung mga gagamitin na gamit para makabuo ng isang homemade aircon:
- Maliit na electric fan katulad ng nasa picture (any brand basta same yung itsura nya parehas sa picture).
- Malaking timba na may takip.
- Maliit na styro ice box na sukat or papasok sa loob ng timba na gagamitin nyo (if makakabili kayo ng pabilog na ice box mas mabuti).
- Isang kutsilyo or gunting or kahit na anong matulis na bagay na pwedeng ipanghiwa or butas sa timba at styro.
- Simulan ng lagyan ng marka ng pagbubutasan yung timba at styro (Yung hugis ng butas, laki ng butas at dami ay depende sa inyo kung ano mas gusto nyo laki at dami ng butas).
- Takip ng timba: Sukat dapat yung marka nya sa laki ng electric fan na gagamitin nyo sa ibabaw
- Gilid ng timba: Depende sa inyo if ilang butas, laki at hugis yung gagamitin nyo
- Styro: Maglagay lamang ng 2-4 na bilang ng butas sa may bandang itaas na gilid ng styro
- Simulan ng hiwain or butasin yung mga marka na ginawa nyo sa timba at styro.
- Pagkatapos mabutasan ay subukan nyo nang buuin yung homemade aircon nyo at paganahin para malaman if tama ba yung pagkagawa nyo or mali.
- Maglagay muna ng malalaking yelo sa ice box (ideal yung malalaking block ice na sinlaki ng hollow block para mas matagal malusaw. Mas matagal malusaw mas matagal yung lamig ng homemade aircon nyo)
- Ipasok na sa loob ng timba yung styro icebox na puno ng yelo.
- Ilagay na yung takip ng timba
- Ipatong yung electric fan sa ibabaw ng takip ng timba na may butas
- ipwesto yung homemade aircon sa tabi ng malaking electric fan nyo sa kwarto
- Itapat yung butas ng homemade electric fan nyo sa tabi or likod ng malaking electric fan nyo para yung lumalabas na malamig na hangin galing sa homemade aircon nyo ay hihigupin at deretso ibubuga naman sa inyo ng malaking electric fan nyo.
- Pumuwesto sa pagtulog sa tabi ng malaking electric fan nyo pra yung lamig ng hangin ay diretso nyo mararamdaman at maeenjoy.
Hopefully maging ganito din kasarap yung tulog ng mga anak nyo sa gabi kahit na wala kayo sariling aircon sa bahay.
*Note: Mas epektibo at maeenjoy ang homemade aircon sa loob ng kwarto at gabi sa oras ng pagtulog.